Skylar J Wynter is the bestselling Author of Pieces of Humanity. A mixed works collection of poetry, flash fiction and short story. She is thrilled to have developed a supportive readership across the globe thanks to online Zoom poetry events as well as forming new friendships with international poets of great renown.
Skylar's second book will be released in late 2021.
Skylar J Wynter is an Australian author living in the Perth Hills. Winner of the Katharine Susannah Pritchard Unpublished Writer Fellowship 2020, she writes poetry, short stories and flash fiction.
She can often be found procrastinating in hidden corners of various libraries around Perth and performing her poems at open mic events online, at The Moon or at the monthly Perth Slam events held at Bar 459.
Skylar is currently working on several projects, one of which is a sequel to her bestselling debut poetry and prose collection, Pieces of Humanity. The others are updated monthly on her Events page.
If you would like to explore her collaborations and past events you can check out her Works page or her blog.
1) I am the alter-ego of a much too boring middle-aged woman.
2) I am more fascinated by what is not said than what is.
3) I rarely plan what I write. Ideas simply pester and poke and tease at me until I write them down in a way that satisfies them and then they leave me alone.
4) I need complete silence to write and I must have a view from a window.
1) My perfect writing retreat would be a real life tree house fashioned after The Magic Faraway Tree so that after a hard day's writing I could sit on a cushion and whiz home via a giant slippery dip.
2) I look forward to the day technology or genetic engineering will allow me to program my hair to grow blue - wigs are annoying.
3) My favorite food is baked cheescake and the day celery can be genetically engineered to taste like it I will be a huge fan.