Awards at the Oscars – Can everyone win?
As you all know, there is nothing I love more, than celebrating humans in all their unique forms and their achievements great and small.
With the BAFTAs proving how wonderful our film artists, actors, film people and directors are, and awards flying off the podium, ‘the wonderful’ are looking more wonderful than ever in fab dresses and shiny shoes. I send my best wishes to all those that were nominated for awards and those that won, and my heartfelt condolences to those that didn’t.
The next award ceremony will be just as enthralling, glitzy, shiny shoed or plain old super scrubbed up! The Oscars 2021 on 26th April will bring awards for several actors, film directors and those designing, dressing or doing fab cinematic ‘make-overs’ for film and the shiny actors we love.
The great excitement for me personally is that a very special piece of me, my debut collection of poetry and flash fiction, Pieces of Humanity, bound together and launched by (Daisy Lane Publishing) is being included in the Hollywood Swag Bag Honors Nominees Oscar Weekend – exciting! And - Drum roll……………………
The following Oscar nominated artists and shiny film people being awarded a copy are:
· Best Director Thomas Vinterberg (“Another Round”)
· David Fincher (“Mank”)
· Lee Isaac Chung (“Minari”)
· Chloé Zhao (“Nomadland”)
· Emerald Fennell (“Promising Young Woman”)
· Best Actor in a Leading Role Riz Ahmed (“Sound of Metal”)
· Chadwick Boseman (“Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”)
· Anthony Hopkins (“The Father”)
· Gary Oldman (“Mank”)
· Steven Yeun (“Minari”)
· Best Actress in a Leading Role Viola Davis (“Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”)
· Andra Day (“The United States v. Billie Holiday”)
· Vanessa Kirby (“Pieces of a Woman”)
· Frances McDormand (“Nomadland”)
· Carey Mulligan (“Promising Young Woman”)
· Best Actor in a Supporting Role Sacha Baron Cohen (“The Trial of the Chicago 7”)
· Daniel Kaluuya (“Judas and the Black Messiah”)
· Leslie Odom Jr. (“One Night in Miami”)
· Paul Raci (“Sound of Metal”)
· Lakeith Stanfield (“Judas and the Black Messiah”)
· Best Actress in a Supporting Role Maria Bakalova (‘Borat Subsequent Moviefilm”)
· Glenn Close (“Hillbilly Elegy”)
· Olivia Colman (“The Father”)
· Amanda Seyfried (“Mank”)
· and…..Yuh-jung Youn (“Minari”)
Everyone wins here and that is the beauty of my award! I am going to be glued to the box wishing they all win an Oscar! I’ll be dressed up and made up for them too! Check out their films and my Oscar gown. I can think of no better reason to get glammed up.
Love and blessings to you all - Love Film! Love Poetry!
Skylar J Wynter –Australian Poet Awards Oscars 2021 Nominees with a copy of her debut poetry and flash fiction collection, ‘Pieces Of Humanity.’